Meet Coach Abdul
Abdul’s Martial Arts journey began when his ex father in law choked him out…(funny story must come in to hear!) Originally from Jacksonville, FL, he joined the U.S. Army in September if 2010. His final orders landed him at Joint Base Lewis McChord and he settled in Tacoma Washington. After his deployment in 2012, he wanted to get back into Jiu-Jitsu.
After careful research and consideration – he discovered T-Town MMA / Checkmat Tacoma would be his home. Under the tutelage of Professor Jimmy Thompson, he started from the ground up. Competing as a white belt and systematically moving up the ranks, he continues to strive for success and perfection. He currently holds the rank of Brown Belt via Checkmat BJJ and helps oversee our FuncFit, Kickboxing and Children’s programs.
- Revolution | Division: Heavyweight | White Belt | 3rd Place (x2)
- Revolution | Division: Heavyweight | White Belt | 2nd Place
- Revolution | Division: Heavyweight | Blu Belt | 3rd Place (x2)
- Revolution | Division: Light Heavyweight | Purple Belt | 1st Place (x3)
- Revolution | Division: Absolute | Purple Belt | 2nd Place
- Fight2Win 86 | Submission of the Night | Purple Belt | 1st Place