KIDS & TEENS BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU (KIDS BJJ)
Our Kids Martial Arts classes are based on Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and a high emphasis on fitness. We’re Tacoma’s premiere school for childhood development both on and off the mats. Our Kids Martial Arts classes are open to kids between the ages of 6 to 13 years. At T-Town MMA our Kids Martial Arts classes operate under this philosophy:
CONFIDENCE ACHIEVES EVERYTHING
We believe that having confidence is 90% of self defense, the other 10% are the skills developed from training. The theory behind our curriculum is to build “values” in our students to their maximum potential. These “values” are:
Once we have these “values” in place, the methods of Martial Arts for Kids become quite easy to teach.
OUR KIDS MARTIAL ARTS PROGRAM IS TRULY DIFFERENT
If you were to come and observe one of our Kids Martial Arts classes, you would notice that it is different from most kids classes out there. Our classes are referred to as “practice” and each practice is structured to use class time to its maximum potential. The teaching style we use is based around repetition, practical use, and a lot of positive reinforcement.
What we end up with is a lot of kids working hard every class, putting forth the maximum effort, and becoming awesome at Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu while having a GREAT TIME!
WE BUILD CONFIDENCE THROUGH ACCOUNTABILITY
In our Kids Martial Arts classes we feel that the best method to building confidence is through positive reinforcement and accountability. We remind your child that they are accountable for their grades, effort, work ethic, and behavior both inside and outside the school. We help your child set goals for themselves and then work hard to help them achieve those goals. We keep the environment full of praise and motivation so every little step your child achieves on their way to the end goal is a major accomplishment for them. Once your child sees the results and their confidence builds, the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu becomes easy to teach.
THE TEAM ASPECT IS THE FOUNDATION OF OUR KIDS MARTIAL ARTS CLASSES
Positive reinforcement means a lot when it comes from your parents, mentor or coach, and it means just as much if not more if it comes from your peers. Great things happen when people help other people achieve goals because everybody wins in the end. Our kids’ martial arts classes were designed with this in mind: Set a goal for the team, bond them as a team, keep them motivated and the team will work to achieve their goal. Our team is reminded that new students always help our team get better, so when your child comes to their first class they are welcoming and helpful. Your child will meet new people and make friends in our Kids Martial Arts class.
WE COMPETE AND HAVE EXCELLENT RESULTS
Our Kids Martial Arts team competes in BJJ and No-Gi Grappling tournaments in the Pacific Northwest and have phenomenal results. Our style of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is adapted for both self-defense and competition, and your child will always have the option to compete if they choose to. For some of our kids, this is the only form of a sports team they are on and they look forward to competing as much as possible, and we love to represent them. We have found that most kids love to both train for and compete in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu tournaments.
INFORMATION AND REQUIRED GEAR
We offer classes for any age between 6-13 yrs. and are located just a few minutes off of Highway 16 in Tacoma. Our school is not like any other, you have to see it to believe it. Come in and see for yourself on any Tuesday or Thursday at 5:30 pm. We’ll see you there! A list of required gear for when your child becomes a member:
- Mouthguard (Required for class participation)
- WHITE Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Gi
- Team Back Patch
- Team T-Shirt
- Board Shorts / Fight Shorts (Saturday No-Gi BJJ only)
- BRING WATER TO EVERY CLASS